On the most special day of World Cancer Day which was yesterday WHO on its official website released some reports suggesting ways to reduce the risk of developing cancer and in this article we will be listing some of those ways but first of all we need to learn about cancer.
What is Cancer?
When abnormal cells grow uncontrollably, go beyond their usual boundaries to invade adjoining parts of the body, and/or spread to other organs a large group of diseases can start in almost any organ or tissue of the body which is Cancer. The major cause of death from cancer is metastasizing which is the latter process. The other common names for cancer are neoplasm and malignant tumors. In 2018, an estimated 9.6 million deaths, or one in six deaths were due to Cancer becoming the second leading cause of death globally. Among women breast, colorectal, lung, cervical, and thyroid cancer are most common while among men Lung, prostate, colorectal, stomach, and liver cancer are the most common types. exerting tremendous physical, emotional, and financial strain on individuals, families, communities, and health systems the cancer burden continues to grow globally. Large numbers of cancer patients globally do not have access to timely quality diagnosis and treatment and many health systems in low- and middle-income countries are least prepared to manage this burden. Thanks to accessible early detection, quality treatment, and survivorship care the survival rates of many types of cancers are improving in the countries where health systems are strong.
WHO Suggestion on Reducing the Risk of Cancer
By modifying or avoiding key risk factors and implementing existing evidence-based prevention strategies around 30% and 50% of cancer deaths could be prevented. Through early detection of cancer and management of patients who develop cancer, the cancer burden can be reduced. The control of cancer prevention offers the most cost-effective long-term strategy. These factors can help prevent cancer by modifying or avoiding the following key risk:-
- People in low- and middle-income countries are more likely to develop cancer through chronic infections because some chronic infections are also risk factors for cancer.
- Regular medical care is needed.
- From household use of solid fuels avoid urban air pollution and indoor smoke.
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation and ionizing radiation should be reduced.
- Against hepatitis B and human papillomavirus (HPV), people should get vaccinated.
- Safe sex should be practised.
- Usage of alcohol should be limited.
- People should regularly exercise.
- With plenty of fruit and vegetables eat a healthy diet.
- A healthy weight should be maintained.
- Tobacco use should be avoided including smokeless tobacco and cigarette.
Resulting in a greater probability of surviving as well as less morbidity and less expensive treatment cancer is more likely to respond to effective treatment when identified early. Early detection can be promoted by two distinct strategies:-
- Pre-cancer who have not developed any symptoms and refer them promptly for diagnosis and treatment or Screening aims to identify individuals with abnormalities suggestive of specific cancer.
- Symptomatic cancer cases at the earliest possible stage can be identified by early diagnosis.
Surgery, cancer medicines, and/or radiotherapy, administered alone or in combination are included treatment options. Based on tumor type, cancer stage, clinical and other factors a multidisciplinary team of cancer professionals recommends the best possible treatment. The capacity of the health system should be considered and the choice of treatment should be informed by patients’ preferences. An essential component of cancer care is palliative care, which focuses on improving the quality of life of patients and their families. To ensure that cancer survivor needs are met survivorship care includes a detailed plan for monitoring cancer recurrence and detection of new cancers, assessing and managing long-term effects associated with cancer and/or its treatment, and services.
- Do you know Fans are waiting for Leroy Reaction?
- GODZILLA VS KONG: Who Will Win The Faceoff?
- Jujutsu Kaisen Netflix Episodes Latest Blu-Ray Release
- Wonder Woman 1984
Stay Connected with NextNewsUpdate for more such amazing content.